Solar 3.0--A Path from Policy to Profitability
With Proposition 23 (The Dirty Energy Bill) successfully defeated by a bi-partisan coalition of clean-tech organizations, and as the California Solar Initiative moves through final incentive steps, along with an increasingly challenging national policy landscape - NOW is the time to establish a clear path from policy driven markets to.....just a market.
Please join SolarTech in conjunction with State, National and Federal partners to collaborate over two days with industry leaders to address fundamental best practices core to accelerating the solar industry’s long term place in the U.S. energy mix.
INDUSTRY THOUGHT LEADERS...AND YOU! In 2010, SolarTech was honored to convene a two day Leadership Summit with over 70 speakers who worked closely with you to help lead our industry forward.
|Please register on-site
at the Hyatt Santa Clara
We are pleased to welcome the following industry leaders to provide their unique insights into 2011 industry trends. Join these leaders, hear their call for action, and collaborate in driving actionable solutions to increase widespread adoption of the solar industry.
• Michael Peevey - President, California Public Utilities Commission
• Dr. Woodrow Clark - Founder/Managing Partner, Clark Strategic Partners
• Molly Tirpak-Sterkel - California Solar Initiative Program Manager, CPUC
• Jennifer DeCesaro – Program Lead, DOE/EERE Solar Energy Market Transformation
• Brian Steel - Vice President of Corporate Development, PG&E
• Adam Browning - Co-Founder & Executive Director, VoteSolar
• Barbara Halsey – Executive Director, California Workforce Investment Board
• Sue Kateley - Executive Director, CALSEIA
• Donnie Fowler – Strategic Advisor “No on 23 Campaign”; Principal, Dogpatch Strategies
• Angiolo Laviziano – CEO, REC Solar
• Ed Feo – Managing Partner, US Renewables Group
• Matt Cheney – CEO, Cleanpath Ventures
• Jane Weissman – Executive Director, IREC
• Ezra Auerbach – Executive Director, NABCEP
• Jeff Anderson – Executive Director, Clean Economy Network
• Bettina Weiss – Executive Director, SEMI PV Group
• Larry Sherwood - Project Administrator, Solar America Board of Codes & Standards
• Bill Brooks - Brooks Engineering, SolarABCs
• Kevin Surace – CEO, Serious Materials
• Danny Kennedy – Founder, Sungevity
• Andrew Beebe – Chief Commercial Officer, Suntech
• Ned Harvey – COO, Rocky Mountain Institute
• Hugh Kuhn – SVP/COO, Solar Power Partners
• Shannon Graham – Navigant Consulting
• Scott Clavenna - CEO, Greentech Media
• Shayle Kann – Managing Director - Solar, Greentech Media
• Tom Tansy – Chair, Sunspec Alliance
• Eric Alderman - CEO, SolarNexus
• Evelyn Butler - Energy Director, Underwriters Laboratories
WHY ATTEND THE SOLARTECH SOLAR LEADERSHIP SUMMIT?
Shared Success: Network, solve problems real-time, and share best practices through break-out sessions with top thought leaders in the solar industry. The Summit provides a unique, constant two-way dialogue, contrary to many conferences.
Real, Actionable Tools: You will gain insight into tools developed in response to critical issues facing our industry, ranging from permitting and performance best practices, to workforce readiness and installation, interconnection and streamlining of financing transactions as well as energy efficiency and solar thermal.
Forward Thinking: Expanded Day 2 Commercialization Forum: Convergence, Convergence, Convergence
In 2010 we introduced the Innovation & Commercialization Forum to look at streamlining industry processes for bringing new technologies to market while minimizing potential impacts on current standards and best practices.
One year later, SOLAR CONVERSATIONS ARE EVERYWHERE!....Convergence is occurring between PV, Energy Efficiency, and Solar Thermal. The electrification of transportation is starting to shape PV’s role in the “Vehicle to Grid” space. Finally, as PV’s contribution to the SmartGrid architecture becomes better defined the need to develop strategic methods to commercialization PV in all its shapes and forms remains paramount.
The Summit will build on the Day 1 foundation by extending the conversations into ways downstream standards and best practices enable both speed and scale to support these adjacent industry segments as they evolve.
Who Should Attend?
• Appointed and Elected Officials
• Photovoltaic and solar thermal equipment and module manufacturers
• System integrators, contractors, installation professionals
• Project developers involved in sales, marketing and strategic planning
• Members of the financial community
• Industry analysts and market researchers
• Utility decision makers
• City building permitting, code officials, inspectors and staff representatives
• Economic Development agencies, Venture Capitalists
• Parallel industry professionals from the Built Environment, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability
Over the course of two days, thought leaders will literally chart a strategic path for the PV industry!
SolarTech Members... log in first to receive the member rate.
Standard rates start Wed, 2/16....
Standard Two Day Summit, including Keynote Dinner -- Members $560
Standard Two Day Summit, including Keynote Dinner -- Non-Members $700
Standard One Day Summit -- Members $276
Standard One Day Summit -- Non-Members $345
Additional tickets to the Keynote Dinner are available -- Members $95; Non-Members $125
SolarTech has negotiated a discounted room rate of $169.00, Single/Double Occupancy (plus taxes), for Summit attendees. The discounted rate is available until February 28, 2011. Attendees may make reservations by clicking the link in the message that appears at the end of this transaction, or by calling Central Reservations at 1-888-421-1442 and referring to the SolarTech Solar Leadership Summit.
Registrations can be cancelled for a full refund prior to March 16, 2011. Registrations cannot be cancelled after March 15, 2011, however, registrations can be transferred at any time prior to the conclusion of the Summit. Please contact us if you need to transfer an existing registration, or if we can provide any additional assistance.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available!...Sponsors